When Streets of New Capenna comes out for Magic: The Gathering at the end of the month, it will bring with it four new mechanics as well as one old one.
Those five new ones are:
- Shield Counters, specific to the GWU "Brokers" family;
- Connive, specific to the WUB "Obscura" family;
- Casualty, specific to the UBR "Maestros" family;
- Blitz, specific to the BRG "Riveteers" family, and;
- Alliance, specific to the RGW "Cabaretti" family.
The retuning mechanic is Hideaway, which originally debuted in Lowryn a number of years back.
Watch the video to learn more about the mechanics of Streets of New Capenna.